Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blogging Kitsch.

I know my faithful readers are entertained by my entries, but would like to know more about the woman behind the art. I would like to speak directly to them and answer some of their questions.

What are you reading right now?
I am reading several books right now, depending on which room I am in, how much stamina I have, and what mood I am in. These include:
  • "Montgomery County Remembers" by Constance Riggs
  • "Montgomery County: Legends and Lore" by Pat Cline
  • "Freckles" by Gene Stratton-Porter
  • "Life, Death, and the Ladies Drill Team" by Jessamyn West
  • "Memories: 1816-1916" by Bina Thomson Sarver
  • "Work, for the Night is Coming" by Jared Carter
  • "Plain Talk" by Carol Burke
  • "Making a performance : devising histories and contemporary practices" by Emma Govan
I just finished
  • "Girl of the Limberlost" by Gene Stratton-Porter
  • "The Witch Diggers" by Jessamyn West
  • "After the Rain" by Jared Carter
What did you do today?
Excellent question. I bought cat food, drove to work (for the first time in a long time-- it was raining and I was running late), met with a student about their summer photo project, ordered Photoshop CS3 (I'm behind, I know), scanned negatives, made some (large) prints, came home, returned some library books and picked up some new ones, made dinner, then watched the movie "300." I gathered some files for my website, but will not be updating it for a few more days. I skimmed some of my favorite blogs: Dooce, Go Fug Yourself, Boing Boing, Tree Hugger, and We Make Money Not Art. I am too lazy, however, to make the links for you. They are easy enough to find.

What is the most recent camera you used?
I used a scanner to make images of negatives. I think that counts. It is an Epson Expression 10000.

What music are you listening to right now?
I just bought the "Rihanna" album on iTunes. I just want to say, please don't stop the music.

Who is the last person you emailed in California?
My step-father, and before that, my grad school adviser. He was asking about training cats, and she is retiring.

Speaking of cats, how are they? What are they doing?
They are sleeping right now. Preparing for another early morning of stealing my pillow from under my head.

Speaking for retiring, any future plans of that?
I don't see retirement being much different from now, except for the added bonus my grandma always told me about-- ogling young fellows without consequence!

No comments: