Monday, August 18, 2008

Canoeing


This weekend, we went canoeing on Sugar Creek. It is regionally known for its scenic views and easy paddling. We opted for a really long trip-- 15 miles-- which meant we did have to speed up at some point. There was also a lot of drinking, mostly on the parts of everyone else in the water. I assume it is like that all the time, not because they heard two time-tested lifesavers were among them!

The canoeing was beautiful. The drunk people were funny. The workout was nice but not too strenuous.

As you might have noticed, I took a mini-va-cay from updating the site this weekend. Because of implications of Indiana's homicidal motives, twitters about canoing, and lack of daily death references, my parents jumped to the conclusion I had actually died in the river. Obviously not: I believe no body of water can kill me (though I don't plan to try my luck any more than I have already). I do have to revert to my earlier hypothesis that Indiana is trying to kill J. During a routine canoe stop for a bathroom break, he fell in a ditch and sprained his wrist. Don't worry-- he's fine. But it is hard to not find it a little funny.

No comments: