Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I can finally say to my children...

that when I was 30, I had to walk through the snow in my pajamas to do laundry!

It's been snowing all night. It still is. Everything is covered in this beautiful, virginal blanket of white (a good 5-6 inches thick)-- my car, the streets, the sidewalks. I have been walking to work the last few days. I was going to drive today, as I have equipment to take with me. Now, the question is-- will I drive or walk? In both cases, I will tarnish the landscape (although I can hear someone scrapping the sidewalk right now). On the one hand, I will be protected from elements, as will the camera equipment, but I will have to dig the car out of the snow and let it heat up a bunch. On the other hand, I will be more environmental, get snowed on a bunch (so soggy and cold when I get there), and will be carrying increasingly heaving bags on the walk. I predict they will take the same amount of time (digging/heating vs. walking).

What to do.

Oh, and no one ever talks about how snow isn't white when it snows. It's blue. The clouds are thick, and diffuse so much llight, the world is icy blue. It looks like a job for color film!

No comments: