Friday, January 4, 2008

Country Company

We had a lovely dinner today at a restaurant in the middle of what seemed like a void in the universe (it was that dark). It seems like there are places in the country that hide and hide and hide, then suddenly pop out and surprise us. The menu was inspiring in its unexpected variety, particularly the specials and sea food. I opted for beef, as it was more likely an Indiana native than the salmon. Not that I have something against Indianans and want to eat them. Dessert was homemade apple-mint ice cream. If it had the Ghiradelli chocolate chips, then it would have been perfect! This spring they are opening a new bar next to the pond, complete with sunset-sandpit-dancing.

Today, I got my Miranda July book in the mail. I saw it in stores when it first came out, then it disappeared. The internet delivered it for me, my only resource regardless of where I live!

I started another window video today, but the window kept icing over. It wasn't worth keeping, even though we had very cute squirrel races in the backyard. I will come up with something else, or figure out how to fix the window ice problem.

It was a not-uncomfortable 24 degrees today. Well, 9 when we woke up, but I don't go outside when there is only one number.

No comments: