Wednesday, October 1, 2008

latest FAQ

Dear KSW,
How have you been? What have you been up too? Missing you lots & lots!
Luv,
ES

Dear ES,
I hate to sound like I am complaining, so I have been a little quiet. Let me preface your reply with the fact that I am very happy in general (maybe not overall). My days have been hectic and it is hard to express them without sounding generally overwhelmed.

I think I will start with my schedule, then perhaps it will make some sense.
Monday. 9AM - arrive @ work for office hours and class prep
11:45 - meeting through lunch (eat crackers from office drawer)
1 - 4. - class
4 - 6. - oversee student assistant
6 pm - 7 - more crackers at desk, prepare for tomorrow's class
7 - 10 - play rehearsal
10 - 11 - see J, finish class prep
12am - 6 am sleep
Tuesday
6-7 hit snooze button futiley. Go to work without shower
7-8 prep for class
8-11 class
11-12 meet with students and staff (could last through lunch till 5!)
12-2 sometimes nap. In office chair.
3-4 office hours and grading
4-6 student assistant
4-5:30. Meetings
7-10 play
Same evening.
Wednesday
Same as Monday
Thursday
Same as Tuesday without meeting, but add independent study student
Friday
Was supposed to be art studio day. Becomes meeting day, student assistant, pick up day.

I have barely finished projects as deadlines approach. I am also looking for a job for next year. Trying to have friends (frankly, the category I used to sacrifice first; now, I sacrifice sleep instead). Still haven't finished my video. Today a man who normally gives me lots of compliments said "you look terrible!" My allergies look like flu syptoms right now. It is only a matter of time before everything shuts down.

Kind of like the economy?

No comments: