Sunday, November 2, 2008

One more walk in Shades

Life takes us to strange places, down strange roads, and presents us with queer options. In May of 2007, I was offered a job in Indiana. I was going to take it, but I wasn't sure if J should come with me, or continue his work in California until we figured our next move. He came with me-- I made him swear it was because he wanted to. He did it for us. I was doing it for my career.

J has just taken a (similarly temporary) job in California. He is moving back. We looked at our schedules and realized this morning today was the last weekend day we would have to ourselves before he left. After having pancakes and coffee, we headed for our favorite wilderness. Shades (of Death) State Park.
It is a totally different color now than the hyper green it was only two months ago. Everything is gold and leaves spinning. The pond was so covered, you couldn't tell where the earth fell into the water.

No comments: