Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dallas as a walkable city

Last year I was at a conference in Dallas. I found it to be a bleak
city, lacking restaurants, people, art, and wi-fi. Last year, I
couldn't afford to stay at the conference hotel (Sheraton), so I
stayed at a divey place several blocks away, a terrible place also the
site a cheerleader camp was using (pulled the fire alarm at 2:30 am).

This year, I again couldn't afford the conference hotel, but I could
afford the Sheraton (got a great online deal straight from the hotel).
I also had my little iPhone with me, making the lack of Wi-Fi
inconsiquential. I was able to find restaurants and art, walking all
around the city. What a difference. Sometimes it feels like technology
isolates us. Sometimes it makes the world so much richer.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: