Sunday, March 8, 2009

Evesdropping

I am eating a buffalo burger in a little diner. The people next to me have just had a long, extensive conversation about Facebook and Twitter and how they think it's dumb, too public, too banal. (Why they should care if he banal is public, I don't know.) It got me thinking about why I joined Facebook. I didn't actually use it until I moved to Indiana. For whatever reason, my coworkers use it a lot and this is how we keep track of each other. Eventually, my friends from California popped on too and we correspond a little. I don't even know their emails I'd phone numbers. But I was thinking about the privacy thing this woman is so loudly defending. Do you think in a city like this, one is more desperate to protect it, whereas in my small town, we have too much and are desperate to connect?

On the otherhand, people know all of eceryone's business!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: