Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First Pre-Planned Public Performance

Carbon Copy

This weekend, I am announcing my first public typewriter performance. At this performance of typing, I will attempt to free-write a fictional narrative for an hour without pausing to consider the plot. I have been practicing, but do not have a memorized script, so I suspect the environment will affect the outcome of the narrative.

After each page is completed, the original (created with the antique typing tape on the machine-- practically illegible) will be archived into a folder. The carbon copy (which will be more legible for the carbon paper) will be given to an audience member. In this way, the story will be disseminated in a fragmented way into the public.

If you are in Dallas, the performance will take place at 11:30 AM, Saturday March 28th, at the Fairmont Dallas Hotel in the lobby bar. See you there!

No comments: