Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chasing bugs

Here is the Hair before and after shots. So much better, I think. Inspiration!

After the talk last night, several of us met up at a bar on the beach of Lake Ontario. It was very fun with only minor bug bites from the sand. After, J, Lisa, Pants, Marleen, Tammy and I went on an adventure to hunt Fireflies. This may seem a simple and childish thing, but the whole existence of fireflies is crazy (they're bugs that light up at night!) and they are unique to the east, south, and midwest. I guess that means they aren't that unique, but they weren't in Florida, they aren't in California, and I never saw them in Hawaii. Ergo, they are amazing. We drove to this remote trail, walking way off the main road, into the dark (a few drinks to the wind), and marveled at their twinklings. I am sad to say, the evening was cut short by mosquitos attempting to carry me away. (I swear I have had more garlic this month in an attempt to be less appealing to them. I guess that doesn't work.) Even so, what's a few bug bites? Thank you guys for such a wonderful last night in Rochester!

No comments: