Thursday, June 19, 2008

Collections

I have added a new set of photos to flickr. Basically, all this cemetery hopping has brought more clearly into light how much I love these carved little lambs, and how they bare their ravishment by time and elements. I have been taking pictures of them "for fun" (I know-- is that allowed?) and decided I finally had collected enough that I could put them here. All the grave stone reading has been starting to get me down, believe it or not. These cheer me up. Are you asking, "don't they remind you of all the dead children they represent?" My answer: well, you are very negative, aren't you?! Yes, of course they do, but in a way, they are also these beautiful little homages that have far outlasted the lives they represent, have taken on a new kind of life as aesthetically beautiful, perfect objects. Who can claim such an achievement in their own lifetimes?

Let me know what you think.

No comments: