Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What it's like in my head.

Right brain: "Oh, new negatives!! Let's go scan them right NOW!"

Left brain: "Don't you think we should unload the car first?
The bed isn't going to make itself."

Right brain: "But I have NEW NEGATIVES!!
I HAVE TO LOOK AT THEM RIGHT NOW!!"

Left brain: "Why don't we unload the car first, then have some dinner,
then you can look at them?"

Right brain: Oh, that would be prudent, but we are an ARTIST, not a PRUDE!!
Come on, I can't even remember what is on these negatives!

Left brain: "But we took those last week."

Right brain: "I have a short attention span."

Left brain: "And you're a little OCD.
Why don't you take a nice, deep breath, count to five until the
compulsion passes, then go empty the car and have some dinner.
Doesn't that sound nice?"

Right brain: "NO IT DOESN'T! This month is about ME, not YOU.
I don't have to be logical, or prudent, or go to bed on time or ANYTHING but MAKE ART! Negatives first!"

Left brain: "Do you want to sleep on the dirty sheets again?"

Right brain: hesitates. "No. OK, ONE trip only. Then negatives. Maybe the sandwich."

Left brain: "Deal."

No comments: